Thursday, July 11, 2013

Get Noticed in a Novelty Print--Jitterbuggin's Rockaway

When I first saw the Rockaway bathing suit, I was positively delighted with the whimsical lobster print. In fact, I am hard-pressed to think of a more fun novelty print for a swimsuit. So of course, I was beyond thrilled when Kim asked me to model this outfit!

As always, Kim's vintage styling is spot on. The Rockaway is a 1940s-style, two-piece bathing suit, with a gathered top that features straps that criss cross and button (with two buttonhole options, so you can adjust the fit). The bottoms are sailor-style, and Kim selected the perfect red buttons for accent. You can mix and match the sizes for the top and bottoms as well, a very smart feature and a definite sign of quality!

In regards to sizing, I would recommend going up a size if you have fuller hips and a smaller waist. The cotton fabric doesn't have much give, so you will want to select the size that corresponds to your hip measurement (and possibly take in the waist or move the buttons slightly, as needed.) I modeled the size 30 bottoms, which fit my hips/rear well but were loose in the waist. A size smaller fit my waist perfectly, but were a bit too snug through the hips and rear.

As you can see from the "In Style" video, I found Jitterbuggin's Rockaway bathing suit to be a very versatile number! The setting for these photos, taken by Atomic Age Pictures, is Saguaro Lake—its sandy shores being a more "natural" habitat for a bathing suit.

I suspect this little number will be flying of the racks, so I'd snap (lobster pun unintended) one up straight away!

xoxo,
Amanda Lee












6 comments:

  1. Amazing! You rock that bikini, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute suit. I may have to break out and but a two piece !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I just bought a swimsuit at k-mart this week. It's so retro and was from Jacylin Smith's line. If only I weren't two different sizes. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fabulously fun! Lobsters have never looked more adorable or stylish as you make them appear here, dear gal!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous selection of shots and how I love the outfit and print is so cute!

    ReplyDelete